Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Brought To You By The Letter G

The Golden Globes


I hope you didn't expect in depth reporting, for I am saving that for my traditional Oscar night live-blogging (doing something once equals a tradition, right? Right). I was basically happy with all of the winners, save Mary Louise Parker; I know, okay? I know Desperate Housewives sucks this season, but come ON! Marcia Cross has played my two favorite television characters evah (Bree and Kimberly Shaw, obvs.), and she still has no awards. What is with that?! Thrilled with the Brokeback Mountain recognition and the love for Felicity Huffman. Can we talk about her for a second? Fantastic. Just fantastic.

Also on the fantastic tip? Some celebrities did me proud and looked stunning on the red carpet.

  • Renee Zellweger: I was shocked. Renee always looks nice, but during her classic phase she was so...boring. I adored this dress.
  • Evangeline Lily: Stunning. I don't know anybody who looks better in green
  • Natalie Portman: How pretty is she?!
  • Keira Knightley: She looked like a dream
  • Sarah Jessica Parker: Yeah, I said it. Her makeup wasn't great, but my love for Rochas is so great that she gets a free pass automatically.


    Naturally, there were some who were quite the opposite of fantastic. As in grotsky.
  • Michelle Williams: I adore Michelle, so I was disappointed in this. It's like...the purple people eater come to life.
  • Anne Hathaway: A hot mess
  • Drew Barrymore: The dress is beautiful, but all I can focus on is her cleavage. What, Drew, you can't afford a bra?!


    I am also confused about a few things...

  • How has no one killed Teri Hatcher yet? Her constant mugging whenever the camera went anywhere near the cast of Housewives was pathetic. Plus, this is just...tragikstan

    The cast of "Desperate Housewives" were the last to make a backstage appearance, long after the room started to clear out. "Felicity was up for an award and we all had to run back and support her," show creator Mark Cherry explained.

    But at that point, only seven reporters were left, prompting Teri Hatcher to say, "There is just something so incredibly pathetic about this."

    Cherry said each member of the cast and crew would get a chance to pose for a picture with the award the show won for best TV comedy or musical. "And I have mine from last year," Hatcher said, "so I'm cool."


    From the most downloaded woman on the internet to this. How sad.

  • How is Steve Carrell only now getting props for being so amazing?

  • Why did Jamie Foxx promote his album during the show? Just, no.

  • How did Mariah score an invite?

    George Clooney


    I will just come out and say it: I was so happy he won last night. Blah blah blah Paul Giamatti, whatever. I loved Syriana and I like Clooney against my better judgment. I mean, the man is responsible for extending the Ocean's 11 franchise, he produced Rock Star and do we even need to talk about Batman? But at the same time, he was in Three Kings, O Brother Where Art Thou? and he produced Far From Heaven...on the other hand, he dated Krista Allen..but he is so charming! And he hates Bill O'Reilly! I just can't not love him. I just can't.

    Gross


    Nicole Richie is dating Steve-O. That is just so ew. And somewhere, ANTM's Lisa pees in a diaper and she doesn't know why...

    Gross Part Deux


    Hush yo' mouth, Wendy Pepper. Seriously. Maybe--and this is just a guess--her husband had issues watching his wife act more awful than most reality tv contestants ever? Because she was loathsome. And I have no problem with mean people most of the time but (a)Project Runway is not the type of show that you go on with a strategy, freak and (b)despite the fact that she made it to Fashion Week (over my beloved Austin Scarlett, no less!), the woman has no talent. And there are few things* that I can stand less than arrogance with no talent behind it.

    *Blatant lie, but that has more to do with my being easily agitated than anything

    Go Away


    I feel sort of like if I keep talking about how much I hate Sienna Miller that the cops are going to come arrest me, but seriously, I can't freaking stand her. Everything I read about her irritates me in the biggest way possible, like...

  • How she paints with her breasts. What the fuck? Why does she need to talk about this? Who cares that getting naked is what she does best?
  • Jude Law obviously doesn't. But never fear! Sienna is totally going to beat the nanny he cheated on her with up!
    "I'm quite looking forward to the day when our paths will cross, which I know they will...she better live in fear."


    I bet she is totally scared of all 102 pounds of you. Personally, I think you should focus your attention on hiding from Naomi Campbell, who is none too thrilled with your copying Kate Moss, but what do I know? Is her 15 minutes of fame up yet? How about...no?

    Mallory at 1/17/2006 09:03:00 PM

    2comments

    2 Comments

    at 9:21 AM Blogger Rayanne Graff said...

    Ugh, Sienna is such a FOOL. I could beat up Sienna and I'm weak and kittenish.

    With you on the George love - Clooney makes me swooney!

     
    at 10:58 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Nicole Richie is dating Steve-O. That is just so ew.

    I'm going to come right out and say "ew," but on his behalf. Nicole Richie went from chubby and not pretty to skeletally thin and not pretty. Steve-O could at least get with some hot skanks.

    -Pasha

     

    Post a Comment