Saturday, March 26, 2005

Weekend Update

It's, as always, a crazy weekend in the world of celebrity news and I am here to bring you the highlights, both good and bad.

  • Russell Crowe's band breaks up, which I'm sure would matter more if anybody actually heard any of their songs. However, Russell threatens to release a solo album

    from my heart and mind simultaneously about things that are important to me now, right now, in this time of my life, not when I was younger or dare I say it less world weary/wary, but now, as a 41 year old father/husband/lover/man


    Oh, dear. How about if we beg him not to? Or, failing that, file a class action lawsuit when he does?

    I'm not saying that actors have to solely be actors, because I fancy myself a hyphenate of sorts (well, if writer/princess/snob counts), but I think that they should at least have the decency to be GOOD at the extra career they embark upon. Nothing irks me more than a celebrity vanity project like Russell's music or Viggo Mortensen's crimes against nature that he calls poetry.

  • Jennifer Aniston files for divorce from Brad Pitt. No word yet on who gets custody of their highlighting kits.

  • Word on the streets is that Britney is pregnant fo' real this time.

    I have to say that I hope, with every fiber of my being, that this is true, because I am a selfish person and think it will be the most enteraining thing ever. Because the Cleavers, they're not; they're not even the Bundys. According to a source,

    "He calls Brit 'my lady-in-waiting,'" says the source. "Kevin knows he's not going to get a moment's peace from now until the baby comes. He says what he really enjoys about her pregnancy is chugging beers and telling Brit 'You can't have one!'"


    What a prince she got.

  • I'm sure we all remember the scandal that erupted when Chloe Sevigny gave Vincent Gallo a blowjob onscreen in Brown Bunny, because it's an image so horrifying that it's seared into our consciousness forever.

    However! An actor claims that it was his penis, not Gallo's, that appeared onscreen.

    I'm very disappointed. I was assured by the producers that I was gonna ride Vincent Gallo's dick all the way to Hollywood but it looks like I've gotten the shaft


    Best. Statement. Ever.

    Vincent Gallo, hater of all things good and clean, rebuts with

    I'm flattered that people are so overwhelmed by the size of my [manhood] that they would think it was artificial or a body double ... [But it is] 100% real ... I can prove it, and I will prove it


    ...

    ...

    Okay, please don't threaten us like that, we don't want to see it, okay? Just, ew!

    Hopefully this is the last time I will ever have to think about Vincent Gallo's penis.

    Mallory at 3/26/2005 02:05:00 PM

    0comments

    0 Comments

    Post a Comment