Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Randomosity

Today, I was attempting to be good and research for my thesis and all of a sudden, while reading about Baudrillard and Guy de Bord, my brain just stopped functioning. Like, I could actually feel my brain say, "Eh, I've had enough, I'm taking off" followed by "..."

I'm thinking that's not so good.

"Not so good" has been a common theme in the world lately, hasn't it?

50 Cent has the number one album, selling an absurd amount of copies since its release. Okay, when will people learn? 50 Cent? IS NOT GOOD. If I may be frank, the man is whack, with no flow to speak of. Also, he's frightening and looks like some sort of rodent on steroids. He unleashed G-Unit on the world and was responsible for the tragedy known as "P.I.M.P" and for that he should be shunned, not rewarded with album sales. I am consistently disappointed in the general public.

And then George W. Bush goes ahead and nominates Wolfowitz for head of the World Bank? Jigga WHAT? I'm sorry, I just don't feel comfortable living in a world where Bono isn't the most ridiculous candidate for that position.

And then Britney Spears continues her ill-advised habit of giving interviews, weighing in on the Michael Jackson saga in the latest issue of Allure:

He needs someone to be like, 'OK, let's buck you up, let's give you a moustache, let's rough you up, let's go to a bar, let's get drunk and be a man.'


That's...what does that even mean? It's like some sort of creepy, violent Mr. Potato Head scenario she has going on in her head.

Some peope just shouldn't use words. Britney is one of them. This is not to say that I don't appreciate Britney, because I do (for my money, "Toxic" and "Slave 4 U" cannot be topped), but really, what she needs to do is just stop speaking in public about her art, about her life, about anything. She should be muzzled when she's near a reporter, because, quite honestly, hearing sentences like that makes me dumber and I can't stand to lose the few smarts I am clinging on to.

Speaking of Allure, why has it sucked so bad? You'd think that a magazine devoted solely to cosmetics would be nonstop perfection all the time, and yet, they manage to fuck it up. Their recent cover models--Britney, Ashley Judd, Ashlee Simpson--have left lots to be desired and haven't even had the decency to look good on the cover. Those bitches!

They did get it right with Mischa Barton, though. I will not hear any criticism of the fair Miss Barton so don't even start, okay? Because I won't listen. She's gorgeous and she's entertaining and I love her, so please.

Speaking of...uh, nothing, I've been informed that I need to start my job search in earnest. Which is hilarious, because...well, no, it's not so much with the hilarious. And my parents weren't really pleased with my reasons for not getting right on it, that consisted mostly of, "I don't want to, really".

It's not that I'm unqualified for jobs, per se, it's more that I have no desire to do real work, but I am all about getting paid. Are there any jobs like that out there? Does somebody want to hire me to tell them stories about random things, or perhaps organize their office, because I'm good at that? Think about it!

And tonight is America's Next Top Model! Yaaaay! I'm hoping that it's the episode where Michelle reveals that she is, in fact, a man. There is so some Crying Game action going on with her. I love this show.

Mallory at 3/16/2005 08:12:00 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 9:02 PM Blogger Rayanne Graff said...

Hee, your job search is much like mine, in that, I fear it may result in a job.

I have to believe that I can earn lots of money from doing things I like doing. And I don't mean like, "wow, I actually like filing!"

I mean, we should be paid for watching TV and providing amusing commentary thereon; shopping; being pretty; dressing nicely; having good hair; liking celebrities.

I might see if Ben Affleck will pay me to like him. Probably.

 

Post a Comment