Saturday, February 05, 2005

SAG Award Thoughts

Ahahaha! No late SAG Awards post for me, no siree, I'm doing it right on time!

Okay, sure, my motives aren't totally altruistic as it was either this or make a review sheet for an exam, but what-evah!

The SAG Awards are one of my favorite awards shows, not because of the whole "actors voting for actors" thing or even because they're entertaining (they're not), but because they're so short. Two hours, done and done. It's so nice! Meanwhile, the 2004 Oscars aren't over yet.

Since you were all so anxiously awaiting my thoughts, here they are.

  • Best Supporting Actress, Cate Blanchett. I'm pretty sure this solidified her Oscar win and I'm happy about that. Her speech was good and she looked lovely. Um, as you can see, my thoughts aren't, as they say, "deep".

  • Best Supporting Actor, Morgan Freeman-Eeeeee!!! I loooove Morgan Freeman so, so much, he is The Man, and he's just so awesome in everything, even Ashley Judd "Woma in peril" flicks, and he's just so wonderful and classy and gracious, and I seriously squealed when he won, I do so hope that he wins the Oscar. Suck on that, Clive Owen!

  • Best Actress In a Television Movie, Glenn Close-God, why do people keep giving this woman awards for her over-the-top, ham-fisted performances? I watched a movie, where Hollywood actresses went to the Bedford Hills women's prison and performed letters written by prisoners and she was SO ridiculously overacting, as though she were performing in front of the Academy or something. And her speech? Like an hour long. Whatthefuckever, Glenn.

  • Best Actor in a Television Movie, Geoffrey Rush-To quote my younger brother, don't know, don't care.

  • Best Actress in a Television Series, Comedy-Teri Hatcher-Aww, I like her. I can't help it! She's just so cute.

  • Best Actor in a Television Series, Comedy-Tony Shaloub-Eh. I don't watch Monk. But isn't it weird that he and Lowell on Wings are all getting awards and shit? Funny, that.

  • Best Actress in a Television Series, Drama-Jennifer Garner-She was cute. I don't watch Alias on principle, so I don't know. Yes, I do have some principles, surprising though that may be.

  • Best Actor in a Television Series, Drama, Jerry Orbach-EEEE!!! I lurve Jerry Orbach, he was seriously awesome in everything he ever did and my L&O obsession is well documented, so I was predictably thrilled with his posthumous win. Oh, Lenny! Excuse me, I'll be over here, crying for a little bit.

  • Best Actress in a Motion Picture, Hillary Swank-Zzzzz. Whatever, the actress field is ridiculously boring this year. Though I'm happy if she wins if only because it pisses off Annete "Clay Aiken" Bening.

  • Best Actor in a Motion Picture, Jamie Foxx-Love. Him. Yes, the callback thing is SO played out (Don't do it at the Oscars, Jamie!), but he really is such an excellent speaker, it's a sight to see. I loved when he said he wanted to split up his award with his costars and get autographs from everyone in the room, and talked about meeting Denzel. Awww!

  • Best Ensemble Cast, Sideways-Eh. I don't know. Yay?

    ***


    Fashion thoughts!

    Best Dressed

  • Kate Winslet in Badgley Mischka, not Ben De Lisi! She listened to me! I mean, yeah, it was still sort of boring, but whatever! Pretty!
  • Cate Blanchett
  • Mena Suvari-very young, very fun.

    Worst Dressed
  • Sarah Jessica Parker. What. The. Fuck? Polka dots, ruffles and leashes are never a good idea, let alone on the same outfit! And with red shoes? What happened here, SJP, because I don't get it.
  • Vanessa Paradis. Dude, her hippy boho quirky chick thing is SO played out. And add to that a metric ton of makeup? Ew.
  • Star Jones Reynolds--what the hell is with the jewelry?

    Could Go Either Way
  • Charlize Theron--I love Charlize, and I love the dress, but it makes her...look pregnant. It's really spectacularly unflattering.
  • Teri Hatcher--Hmmm. It's not bad, it's just...eh.
  • Eva Longoria-actually, the more I look at this dress, the more I like it...

    Actor I Most Want to Make Out With
  • Don Cheadle. I heart Don Cheadle.

    Mallory at 2/05/2005 10:42:00 PM

    4comments

    4 Comments

    at 1:13 AM Blogger Mallory said...

    You're right, of course. But still, he needs to stop, because it's lame and I said so.

     
    at 5:13 PM Blogger Rayanne Graff said...

    Wouldn't it be awesome if what was making Charlize Theron look pregnant was...her actually being pregnant....by Brad Pitt!

    Then, we could wholeheartedly love the dress with no pesky disclaimers, and sit back and watch the madness as another sleb is dragged into the whole messy Pitt-Aniston-Jolie-Farrell-Vaughn debacle.

     
    at 6:15 PM Blogger Mallory said...

    GASP! That would be so seriously awesome. How I hope it's true!

     
    at 2:14 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

    JanPieterzoon/Fred Says:

    Wow, I'm glad to see you have a blog now! I now have a little corner of the net (other than FT, of course) that I can frequent at annoying intervals in order to swap shameful celebrity gossip! Huzzah!

    >>Um, as you can see, my thoughts aren't, as they say, "deep".

    But they are bitchy and entertaining, and that's good enough for us. :D

     

    Post a Comment