Monday, January 24, 2005

Notes

  • So The Patriots won and we can all breathe a sigh of relief that I didn't go mad or anything. It was tense for a while there (the 3rd quarter made my heart hurt), but we survived. "We". Like I'm on the team or something.

  • Johnny Carson died. I was too young to watch him, though I do remember his last few episodes, but I'm still quite sad. He had a grace about him that not many celebrities do. I thought it was interesting that his camp let out the information that he writes jokes for Letterman--like it was sort of his way of saying that Dave is his true successor, not that hack Leno. Or perhaps I am reading too far into things.

  • Donald Trump tied the knot to "model" Melania Knauss (seriously, has anyone seen her model anything, ever?) this weekend. The bride wore a fugly beaded monstrosity, the groom wore a squirrel on his head, as he does. The guest list included such luminaries as Katie Couric, Russell and Kimora Simmons, Kathy Lee Gifford and-wait, Kathy Lee Gifford? Damn, Donald, that's low, even for you.

  • Update: I hate the snow

  • If you can't just get enough of me--and really, who can?--I do urge you to check out a side project--Shiny Tacky People, the brainchild of me and my partner in crime. Because mocking opulence will never not be funny.

    Mallory at 1/24/2005 01:05:00 AM

    1comments

    1 Comments

    at 8:21 PM Blogger Mallory said...

    Seriously. Calling her a model is pushing it, calling her a supermodel is like a travesty.

     

    Post a Comment