Monday, January 31, 2005

The Links That Link Us All. Or Not, I'm Just..Never Mind

  • I simply cannot get enough of Stereogum's recap of the Lionel Richie Hello video. It's absolutely brilliant.

  • Also amusing, Jen will always be Brad's boo. I resolve to use "You want me and my mohawk baby" at least once in polite conversation today.

  • I believe that I have discussed my fondness of Mischa Barton before; I love her. I think she's super pretty and really vapid and shallow. A winning combination! I will expand upon my love of bitchery sometime in the next couple of days (there is just so much to say about bitchcraft! You think I'm not serious but I so am, I do have tons to say about it and I have a list of the baddest bitches. Be patient!), but I feel the need to share the brilliance of her recent interview with Allure.

    Oh. For these Russian victims of, like, acts of terror. Most of the people had no idea who I was because they were all into this thing about helping Russian children. But I was so glad I went. That's my favorite jacket ever. It's so horribly '80s, but it's vintage YSL. It cost me nothing.


    All brilliant sentences bow before that one. Eat your heart out, Joyce! Are you jealous, Shakespeare? That's, like, poetry. "Russian victims of, like, acts of terror".

  • Leonardo DiCaprio gets Lifetime Achievement Award. Um, what? Yeah, he's a good actor, but homeboy is 30. That's not enough time for him to have erased the taint of Growing Pains, you know what I'm saying?

  • Among the things I've learned in poetry class--besides the fact that I cannot write a poem without laughing. Or read one, actually--is that that crazy reverend man who picketed Matthew Shepard's funeral? You know, the REALLY crazy one? Well, he has a website called GodHatesSweden, which I'm not going to link to because, ew. Anyhoo, apparently he's all up in Sweden's grill (CrazyRev, not God) because Sweden arrested someone for a hate crime? I don't know, something bizarre like that. Aside from the sheer volume of fucking insanity that surrounds it...GodHatesSweden may, in fact, be the most bizarre name for a website, ever. Poor Sweden can't catch a break, can it?

  • The trouble for Kate Moss continues. I can't believe that she's still dating someone caught on camera (!) taking heroin. I really don't blame her babydaddy for threatening to sue for custody, even though I do adore her. And this piece from a recent Popbitch made me sad:

    Poor Kate Moss. The model apparently broke down
    in the Pembridge pub before Christmas crying
    that she hates her life and her job, hates what
    being a model has done to her, and how she can't
    trust anyone any more.


    Oh, Kate! I long for the days of her and Johnny Depp.

  • For those of you confused and disturbed by Jennifer Garner's iTunes playlist (John Mayer? Um?), Sean has an explanation. And it would explain her excessive use of exclamation points (!!!), too.

  • Not a link, but a confession: you know Jennifer Lopez's song "Get Right"? I've listened to it about twenty times. Today. I'm sorry. It's oddly addictive. I won't make exuses for myself (though I think the presence of that horn is very powerful), I just thought you should know how low I've sunk.

    Mallory at 1/31/2005 02:12:00 PM

    1comments

    1 Comments

    at 12:34 AM Blogger Mallory said...

    Hee! That's so cute.

    And yeah, God keeps trying to keep Sweden down. Poor Sweden can't catch a break.

     

    Post a Comment