Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Golden Globes Talk

Okay, I am not even going to pretend to be a rational observer of the Golden Globes, because that would assume that I'm a rational person in the first place and, just, no.

  • Clive Owen. Ew. Is it just me or is Clive Owen terribly skeevy? It's just me, isn't it? At any rate, he was good in Closer, but I love Morgan Freeman, so...I don't know.

  • Okay, haters, say what you want, but I LOVE Natalie Portman. I do, I just adore her, I think she's beautiful and I loved her in Closer, so don't come to me complaining about how Cate Blanchett was robbed because she'll get the Oscar, let Natalie have her moment, okay?

  • I adore Jamie Foxx. I thought he was awesome in Ray and Collateral, so I was so happy that he won, and I loved his speech. And it gives me a perverse sort of thrill that his award may have made Jim Carrey cry.

  • Ohmigod, Annete Bening was totally creepy. Her disturbingly rehearsed and nonsensical speech really scared me, she just stared into the camera and didn't blink and it hurt me.

  • Leonardo DiCaprizzzz...oh, sorry. Did you know that he hearts Martin Scorcese? Yeah, you'd better heart him, Leo, he saved your sorry career. And did you also know that he researched Howard Hughes for eight years? Because he did, as he reminds us ALL the damn time. Whatever, Leo. I hope Gisele dumps you.

  • Hillary Swank was really good in Million Dollar Baby so, surprisingly, I don't have too much to snark on. Except for her whole "Hmm, am I forgettign anybody?" thing. Shut up, Hillary, we've all moved on.

  • Teri Hatcher was cute and honest about being a has-been. Aww.

  • But what was with "The little one who's always eating" remark? That was weird. And Eva "Shortest Model Evah" Longoria looked confused as hell. Marcia Cross was probably confused too, but her Botox prevents her from conveying it with facial expressions.

  • MOS DEF WUZ ROBBED

  • Um

  • I love the fact that Mariska Hargitay is a Golden Globe winner for playing Olivia "Captain Exposition" Benson. Conversations on SVU go like this:

    Medical Examiner: There are four different DNA samples from your victim.
    Benson: (Squints; pauses) She was gang-raped

    Sigh.

  • I heart Jason Bateman, not least because of his star turn as Pepper Brooks in Dodgeball. Not that I've seen Dodgeball multiple times or anything. And I share a name with the famous character his sister played, so it's one of those six degrees of separation things, if you play by my rules, of which there are few.

  • I bet you $10 that Robin Williams is still talking

    ***

    The Best Dressed

    1. Mischa Barton

    I know a lot of people despise her, but I love her, I think she's gorgeous and I think she looked stunning. So, so pretty. I wish she were a model instead of an actress.

    2. Charlize Theron

    Not so much the hair, but the dress was gorgeous.

    3. Uma Thurman

    4. Nicole Kidman

    Way better than she's looked in a long time.

    5. Kerry Washington

    Mallory at 1/18/2005 11:39:00 AM

    4comments

    4 Comments

    at 6:22 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

    But who do you hate more, Benson or Huang? I ask the tough questions

    C

     
    at 6:54 PM Blogger Rayanne Graff said...

    We didn't get any TV coverage of the globes here. I have to wait for next week and go crazy reading magazines in the newsagents to work out which dresses I liked best.

    But I do love Uma Thurman -- she looked fabulous.

    And much as it pains me to say it, Mischa Barton looked (ugh) nice. Damnit.

     
    at 9:53 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Kerry Washington is hot. And I thought of you when Mos Def lost, I'm glad to see that you seem to have survived it.

     
    at 11:16 PM Blogger Mallory said...

    b, isn't Uma just a goddess? I'm so sad that you need to wait so long to bask in the gorgeousness of the dresses, including Mischa's! I Heart Mischa.

    And Charlie, are you trying to be Diane Sawyer or something? Huang is totally more irritating than Benson is, at any rate.

     

    Post a Comment