Wednesday, December 22, 2004

I'll Make Him An Offer He Can't Refuse

The Godfather is on that channel that Spike Lee sued tonight. Eeee!

Surprisingly, few things in the world make me happier than mob movies (the short list being baseball, football and Starbucks). It's another one of those things that people are always like, "Really?" with a quizzical expression when I mention my fondness for them. It's as though if someone wears a lot of pink and generally acts like a teen girl, they can't like sports and gory movies. Who knew?!

Anyhoo, The Godfather and its sequel, The Godfather Part II--I live in a world where there was no Part III and in my world it's also normal to like Dynasty. It's a nice world--are two of my very favorite films and, with Goodfellas make up the mafia portion of my top ten of all time list.

Blah blah romanticizing the mob, blah blah violence, whatever. I think that they're nearly perfect films. How heartbreaking is it when Fredo is taken care of? Or when Connie gets the crap beaten out of her by her husband? Very heartbreaking, that's how much.

I'd also like to take a moment to confess that it took me quite a while to get to the point where I could watch Sonny's death scene without sobbing. Sonny was absolutely my favorite character, ever since I first saw it, and he made me have an enormous crush on James Caan. Yeah, I don't know.

Mallory at 12/22/2004 06:05:00 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 7:30 PM Blogger Mallory said...

The Joe Schmo Show was seriously hilarious. This and love of mafia movies totally puts us on the same wavelength that, sadly, not enough people inhabit.

And proving that I have Pedro/Nelson on the brain, I immediately thought "What? Midgets have their own channel? And they like mob films?!" when you mentioned the little people.

 

Post a Comment