Saturday, November 13, 2004

Hey, Dirty, baby I got your money...

This summer, I made a pronouncement and said, when discussing the song "Got Your Money", that it is my greatest dream to live in a nation whose anthem includes the phrase "None of you nmph better look at me funny, nmph you know my name now give me my money!"

I once hoped against hope for a Diddy/Dirty presidential ticket. Diddy would bring the sexy back to the Oval Office and the scandals would be coming left and right, and Dirt wouldn't go into cardiac arrest every time something went down. Farnsworth Bentley for Secretary of the Interior, Pharrell for Press Secretary, Suge Knight for Head of the CIA, etc. I'm not sure we're quite ready for that, but making "Got Your Money" the national anthem is a step in the right direction.

And today? ODB died and my dream will never be realized.

That's really quite sad, and I need to go play "Brooklyn Zoo" in his honor. ODB was a whole new brand of crazy-claiming that he had three favorite children, riding a limo to pick up his welfare check, "Wu Tang is for the children!", etc.-but damn if he wasn't entertaining.

***

And Star Jones got married! I can hardly wait for the next issue of InStyle to see the pictures but, really, if it's anywhere near as wonderful as the Ebony cover, it will be fabulous.
***

I went to CVS and they were out of Diet Coke. Surely that violates one of the amendments, yes?
***

Dick Cheney's health acting up again?. We're all used to that, no? I'm really more disturbed by his jacket, which badly clashes with his pale blue shirt.

Mallory at 11/13/2004 09:23:00 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment