Sunday, October 03, 2004

Vice, Vice Baby

I spent most...well, okay, all of yesterday hungover (damn margaritas!) and everything seemed so unbelievably loud and it hurt my aching head. So if I yelled at you on the phone for "yelling" at me, I do apologize. Thank god for Diet Coke, though. It helped me through the pain.

And, seriously, yesterday was a pretty good day to spend in bed hungover because of the Melrose Place marathon. Is there a more fabulous show? No. No, there's not.

On Tuesday, My boyfriend battles the most evil man in the land.

I'm really looking forward to this debate. And not just because I heart John Edwards; the styles of these two are so markedly different, the contrast alone should be entertaining. And I'd like to see how bitchy Mr. Cheney is, he's known for being sort of vicious and sarcastic. Although his quip about orangeosity was more unfunny than anything. Hardy har har, Dick.

And, of course, it's always fun to sing "Vice, vice baby" when discussing the Vice Presidents. Shut up, it is.

Also fun: Mos Def's new album coming out on October 12th! (No, I'm not cool enough to say that the album is dropping) I have been waiting for this since, oh, I don't know, 1999, so it's major.

Speaking of music, I would like to outlaw the followings songs:

  • "Baby It's You", by JoJo. And we can outlaw her other one, too. Because, hi, she's, like, six, and talking about getting her heartbroken. Uh, no.
  • "My Place", by Nelly. Jaheim or no Jaheim, this song is like musical poison, you hear it once and then you have it in your head for the rest of the day, and it distracts you from your Brit Lit lecture. And why does Nelly try so hard to be the next Ja Rule? Doesn't he, like the rest of the world, know that Ja Rule sucks?
  • "Happy Ending", by Avril Lavigne. Bitch, please.

    Trish Goff needs to make a comeback. I was writing notes for my paper, instead of studying for my politics test, and I realized that a lot of the girly looking models they're using today-Lisa Cant, Jessica Stam, Heather Marks, etc.-are totally doing the Trish Goff thing. And as Trish came first, and is effortlessly cooler than the lot of them, I think that she is entitled to a comeback. I'm fully aware that I'm the only person in the world who thinks issues like these are important.

    And my paper is so fuuuuun. I'm having way more fun researching it than I have any right to, but I think that any paper that has a section on The Trintity (Christy, Linda and Naomi, none of that religious ish) is a paper that is basically pretty awesome.

  • Mallory at 10/03/2004 05:28:00 PM

    0comments

    0 Comments

    Post a Comment