Monday, October 25, 2004

The Truth About Ashlee and SNL

Since, like, a hundred of you came here by searching for the scoop about Ashlee Simpson pulling a Milli Vanilli on SNL and her big SNL walkoff--and that's so not even an exaggeration, though I should be proud that it beats out "Lindsay Lohan's Growth Spurt" as the top keyword for getting people here--I will give you, well, the scoop.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Upon taking the stage for her second SNL performance after being introduced by my boyfriend Jude Law, Ms. Simpson's voice was caterwauling...I mean, uh, singing before she ever even put the microphone to her mouth. When she realized what happened, she started doing a bizarre Cotton Eyed Joe sort of...shimmy hopping thing and it was hilarious.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

She then just walked off stage, leaving a very awkward band behind her.

A video clip is here. Really, you must watch it.

Hilariously, this comes off the heels of an interview with Lucky where she said

I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going to let my real talent show, not just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-sync. It's just not me.


Are you done laughing yet? Okay, good.

She then attempted to blame the band for playing the wrong song.

I feel so bad, my band started playing the wrong song. I didn't know what to do, so I thought I'd do a hoedown.


Um. First of all, nice try, Ash, but no. And second...a hoedown is a good idea under absolutely no circumstances. None. Foolish, foolish girl.

Joe Simpson, after likely beating his poor daughter backstage for her gaffe, explains to Ryan Seacrest that Ashlee's bout with acid reflux made her voice too hoarse. That's just, like, the cutest explanation ever.

All in all, it totally sucks to be Ashlee Simpson now, even more than it did before. But I still reserve the right to laugh at her because...dude. The levels of lameness are just, like, epic.

Mallory at 10/25/2004 06:34:00 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 3:29 PM Anonymous Anonymous said...

That dance is morbidly fascinating.

-Adam

 

Post a Comment