Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Randomosity

Notes from the Debate

  • Edwards was dreamy
  • Cheney was scary looking
  • Gwen Ifill was a sixth grade guidance counselor
  • Both were good speakers

    Uh, that's it.

    I'm a bit confused as to how people determined a clear winner in this, other than partisanship, obviously. They both seemed about the same, and maybe Cheney even had a bit of an edge. People said Cheney was "grumpy" and...well, god, can you imagine the man beeing cheerful? Shudder. God bless the man's grumpiness.

    Although, we did catch Cheney in a lie, which I'm sure shocks everyone. And even Drudge covered it. Drudge, you guys.

    Tiger Woods gets married in Barbados. His boring levels remain constant. Hootie and the Blowfish was there. Hootie and the Blowfish, y'all.

    Jessica Simpson is on the cover of Marie Claire marking her zillionth magazine cover this year. And, again, she tries to tell us that she's really smart and not dumb at all. Whatevah, Jess, whatevvah. Are her fifteen minutes up? No? How about now?

    Moby is a scholar of the Olsen twins, apparently. O...kay. I like the girls and their lip gloss is fab, but don't you think "desperate, Shakesperean, tragic quality" is, uh, overreaching a bit?

    Speaking of M-K and Ash, are they dropping out of NYU?

    The Olsen twins make such horrible, horrible movies but I am not too proud to stay in bed and watch them while hungover. It's a great cure. And I really do mean what I say about their lip gloss, incidentally. I'm a major lip gloss snob, and I find that the MKAO brand is just-well, it's great, if we're being honest. It's right up there with Benefit The Gloss and MAC Lipglass. I swear, I wouldn't lead you astray.

    Now I really really really want to go to Sephora. Sweet, sweet Sephora.

    In other news, Jon Stewart still has not returned my marriage proposal. What's the deal with that? Perhaps I should transfer my affection to Stephen Colbert, if only because it's hilarious to say "Warren G. Harding was a worthless piece of shit. Fuck him" in everyday conversation. Though I'm sure my Stewart love will be back in full swing when Bill O'Reilly guests...decisions, decisions.

    Mallory at 10/06/2004 07:40:00 PM

    0comments

    0 Comments

    Post a Comment