Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Icky

If anybody knows how a Mack truck got into my bedroom last night and ran me over repeatedly, I'd really appreciate an explanation.

I felt fine when I went to sleep, and then when I woke up, my head was pounding, my throat hurt and I sounded sort of like Bea Arthur mixed with Rudolph when he was wearing the fake prosthetic nose.

Why? Is it from some sort of cunning illness that only attacks during the night? Or is it perhaps because of voodoo?

I basically slept all day because it was too painful to do anything else. I caught up on Days which...is just cracked out, and then Dynasty and then I made my way to CVS to get cough drops and Diet Coke, looking like death warmed over (I'm guessing, I didn't bother to look in the mirror), only to get lectured by the woman at CVS for buying Diet Coke which is "unhealthy, don't you know?"

What? Is today "Criticize Diet Coke Drinkers Day"? As Jessica points out--Diet Coke is necessary, you guys! Some people just can't function without it, all right?

Grrr and argh and all that.

And I still feel like I was beaten about the head repeatedly, all the sleep in the world hasn't seemed to help me. Hooray?

I just saw the most disgusting commercial for a nose hair cutter...thing, which whatever. But seriously, commercial people? Do we really need a close up of the process? No, no, we don't. So stop, okay?

M-K Olsen Drops out of NYU. Hmmm.

I hate Keira Knightley's new haircut.

People, please. Let us put an end to the hideous poncho trend once and for all. I'm begging you. Maybe that would make my sickness go away....

Mallory at 10/19/2004 10:11:00 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 8:55 PM Blogger Lauren said...

Diet Coke is just awesome. But I think that my obsession with Diet Dr. Pepper is winning out over it.

 

Post a Comment